Get to know the history-washed landmarks of Jordan firsthand with this incredible DreamTrip to the Middle Eastern kingdom. Start your adventure with a tour at Amman’s Roman Theatre, a 6,000-seat open-air amphitheater built in the 2nd century and fully restored in the 20th century. Transfer to Amman Citadel, a historically important hilltop site that dates back 7,000 years. You'll visit incredible archaeological ruins including the Temple of Hercules and Umayyad Palace.
Continue southwest to the lowest exposed land point on earth — the Dead Sea — at 1,388 feet (423 meters) below sea level. This landlocked lake is famed for its therapeutic salt content providing natural buoyancy that makes it easy to float. As well, its mud is known for restorative properties as it softens skin and soothes muscles. On the way to Wadi Musa, stop in the City of Mosaics. Madaba is replete with hundreds of mosaic treasures, such as the floor Mosaic Map from the 6th century. Then, you'll visit Mount Nebo, the place where Moses looked out onto the Promised Land of Canaan. Views from the top are breathtaking, especially of the Dead Sea and Jordan River, and Jericho and Jerusalem on clear days.
The next day, head inland to the mind-bending cliff-hewn city of Petra, one of the world’s architectural masterpieces. Inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Petra is anchored by the magnificent sandstone-etched Treasury, featured prominently in “Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade.” The natural scenery is just as spellbinding, especially in the mighty gorge of Wadi Rum, one of the filming locations for “Lawrence of Arabia.”What we love
• Surrounded by desert and rift landscapes, the Dead Sea is the lowest point on Earth and lies atop the Dead Sea Transform, a tectonic fault line.
• At 3,300 feet (1,000 meters), Mount Nebo welcomes visitors from all over the world as an important pilgrimage site.
• Petra, also called Rose City, is a spectacular example of a well-preserved ancient civilization that has stood since its construction in 312 B.C. It was named a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1985 and a New7Wonders of the World in 2007.
• Indulge in the Jordanian coffee culture with a cup of Arabic coffee, typically made with cardamom.
• To maximize your enjoyment, download the DreamTrips™ app
to access DreamTrips Local
— then earn points on dining, entertainment, spa experiences & more at select spots recommended by DreamTrippers just like you!
To book this trip with a Mandarin-speaking guide and host, please book Mandarin-speaking Tours of Jordan
(June 10-14) or Mandarin-speaking Tours of Jordan
(August 21-25).This trip will close by January 22.